An immediate denture may be the best solution when removal of all your remaining teeth is unavoidable. An immediate denture will allow you to avoid the embarrassment of living without teeth. We will begin the preparation for this procedure before your teeth are extracted.
You will need at least 4 appointments:
- Taking molds of your existing gums and teeth to duplicate placement after your teeth have been removed
- Fabricate and try in denture with some teeth
- At your extraction appointment, your immediate dentures are inserted creating a natural smile you can be proud of.
- After 6 weeks, reline the immediate dentures due to the changes in the gum and bone structure
What you should know about immediate dentures
In most cases, we have no way of checking the fit of the denture in your mouth prior to extraction. Esthetic compromises may have to be made is some cases to compensate for inadequate space or structural concerns.
Great care should be taken to follow all postoperative instructions.Your gums and bone will recede after extraction, and regular check-ups and maintenance will monitor healing and reduce problems. Temporary linings or tissue conditioners will be required to create an optimal fit and may need to be adjusted or replaced a number of times during the healing period. A permanent reline will be required to ensure a comfortable and an exact fit after you have completed the healing process.
- The professionals at ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS will advise you of the procedure that best suits your individual needs.
- Temporary liners, tissue conditioner and relines are additional services that may have separate fees.
- Consult our practice with questions about the benefits of an immediate denture .
- Call today for a Denture Consultation Nicole Hoang, DMD Phone Number (925)682-4912.